Saturday, January 22, 2011

new year and stuff..

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!
Damm, Im a little late. Sorry.

So, New Years in Rome; it was a blast. Cold, but a blast!
We had a great time; our great friend Nicola invited us to a friends house to spend New Years Eve and in a low key hangout with an amazing feast!
I barely made it to dessert which included Tiramisu AND ice cream, there was so much food that I had to "hang the gloves" at dessert. Now you might say "well, you made it to the end then?" Wrong, I did say that we were at an Italian home, right? It doesn't end at the dessert, at least not on New Year's Eve. We were supposed to also eat the traditional New Year's dishes like a cake from the South (Naples) and this delicious lentil soup from further South, I mean there was A LOT OF FOOD. After the New Years Hugs and Kisses I was (embarrassingly) passing out in a couch.
The next couple of days were filled with even more food and some shopping with our good friend (and blog reader) Erwin, who joined us in Rome from Chicago.
It was chilly in Rome, not that cold but when you go from Abu Dhabi, it feels very cold.
The city was PACKED with tourists, but it was still great, its Rome.

Since all three had been there before and both Erwin and Made had lived in Italy before we decided to skip most of the tourist spots and just turn the trip into a food, drinks, and shopping trip; and I can say that we succeeded.
I actually put up about 3 lbs, that's a little more than a Kilo !! but we had a great time.

We got back on a late flight with a stop-over in Doha (by the way NOT feeling Doha airport). When we got to Abu Dhabi it was about 3 am, and there was a fog like I have never seen fog.
I've heard about the fog here and I always thought that people were exaggerating, but they weren't. At times (I'm not exaggerating) you couldn't see 10 meters in front of you, or about 2 cars distance, so we were driving extremely slow on a highway ! Then our driver got lost and we could barely read the street signs (they're also in English) but eventually we got home safe, thank God.

This Monday we head to Dubai for a couple of days. Made has a conference there and I tagged along, so hopefully I'll get to see more of Dubai.

We're also planning a long weekend in Oman. Its only an hour flight and its suppose to be very cool.

Other than that everything is good and we hope is as good for you all.

I guess is not too late to wish you all a super awesome 2011 filled with happiness, health, love and all the good stuff that your heart desires !

peace !

Some Italy Pics at the link below
PICS !

No comments:

Post a Comment