Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So...

I got the job !
Well, temporary. Basically I am the Substitute Music Teacher. I'll be there until the December break. Teacher is on Maternity Leave.
I am working at a private school and I teach children from Kindergarten (yes ! I know!) to 6th Grade.
This school? wow, I wish I had gone to a school like that. The Music Room, (yes, they have their own Music Room) is bigger than some of the "big" classrooms at Berklee !
They have tons of percussion, 2 pianos, guitar, full sound system for playing music, I mean, this is what a music room should be !
So I started on Tuesday (which is 3rd day of the working week here)and I was a little intimidated, but it went great ! The kids actually have a music education; they can already read music, so that makes it easier.
Now the Kindergarden kids? whoa, those are a little scary, but luckily their teacher is there and helps me out, they have the most fun though, they get a blast just by clapping loud or fast or slow.
So yes, definitely more blog posts to come about my new job.

By the way the school is in Khalifa City which is close by but the area is developing so its got a desert feel because of the distance between buildings.
Oh and speaking of buildings, from the front of the school you get a side view of this famous building: (by the way NOT MY PIC)disc building.

Also Masdar City is only about a 5 minute drive from the school. Made and I are eventually going to Masdar but we're trying to get a tour of the city.

Plans for this weekend??? DUBAI !!! baby.
We're finally gonna' go this weekend just from Friday to Saturday.
Its going to be hard leaving the hotel in Dubai. Made is going to cash in on her free hotel days, so were going to stay in a very nice place.

See you soon.

I'll definitely post Dubai pics.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, Bobby, er... I instead should say "Mr. Julian"!

    First you're teach kids, next... you will have one. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete